B&P Water Technologies has a relevant expertise in the field of mbbr sewage treatment plant, whatever the pollutant present in the water is, even with high COD (Chemical Oxygen Demand) levels.
The moving bed biofilm reactor (mbbr) implies a process to purify wastewater not so different from an activated sludge system. The process is suitable for organic removal, nitrification, denitrification and detoxification.
How it works
- firstly, the wastewater goes through the reaction tank, while the media retention screen keeps the biofilm carriers inside the tank;
- then the air blowers pumps process air in the tank to keep the raw sewage well-mixed; the amount of dissolved oxygen is controlled by an auto measurement sensor;
- the bioreactors are kept floating by air, in order to provide oxygen to the biofilms and to obtain an high biodegradation efficiency and the best result in the whole wastewater treatment process.
Advantages of MBBR
A mbbr sewage treatment plant
presents a good number of advantages when compared to an activated sludge system or a trickling filter, including:
- it doesn't need the presence of an operator if the load changes;
- it produces less sludge;
- it does not easily suffer from toxic shock;
- absence of a sludge return line;
- high reliability and easy to use;
- smaller footprint.
B&P Water Technologies engineers a modern mbbr sewage treatment plant
that is definitely able to carry out its tasks effectively: after the treatment, the most important parameters of the water are brought to a level that makes it possibile to use for the irrigation of meadows/fields or to deliver it to natural waterbodies, including coastal areas, without jeopardizing the local ecosystem.
Several models are available with different capacities, depending on the equivalent inhabitants (ranging from 70 to 500) whose wastewater requires processing: the use of high quality biofilm carriers in our mbbr treatment plant
guarantees a significant drop in the levels of COD (<100 ppm) and BOD5 (<20 ppm) in the effluent water.
To avoid shipping issues and complications, B&P Water Technologies engineers a mbbr sewage treatment plant
can be built within its container
, that will be shipped to its destination.